Momentum scores for Marketing Automation are shown below. The Momentum Grid highlights each product’s Momentum score on the vertical axis and the product’s Satisfaction score on the horizontal axis. These scores are based on G2 Crowd’s Satisfaction and Momentum algorithms. Products with a top 25% Momentum Grid score* are shown within the shaded area below.
Marketing Automation Momentum Grid Description
A product’s Momentum score is calculated by a proprietary algorithm that factors in social, web, employee and review data that G2 Crowd has deemed influential in a company’s momentum. Software buyers can compare products in the Marketing Automation category according to their Momentum and Satisfaction scores to streamline the buying process and quickly identify trending products. For vendors, media, investors, and analysts, the Momentum Grid provides benchmarks for product comparison and market trend analysis. Badges are awarded to products with the top Momentum Grid scores.
Products included in the Momentum Grid for Marketing Automation have received a minimum of 10 reviews. There must also be at least a year of G2 Crowd data for the product to be included. These ratings may change as the products are further developed, the vendors grow, and additional opinions are shared by users; a new Momentum Grid report will be issued for this category as significant data is collected.
Marketing Automation Software Definition
Marketing automation software automates marketing actions or tasks, streamlines marketing workflows, and measures the outcomes of marketing campaigns. These tools provide a central marketing database for all marketing information and interactions, helping marketers create segmented, personalized and timely marketing experiences for customers or prospects. These platforms provide automation features across multiple aspects of marketing including email, social media, lead generation, direct mail, digital advertising and more.
A key component of marketing automation tools is the provision of analytics features to measure the impact of an entire campaign across segments and channels. These features measure the impact of campaigns on marketing team KPIs, campaign ROI, and the impact of campaigns on company revenue.
Marketing automation products often integrate with CRM software tools, though CRM tools with marketing automation features natively built in are considered CRM all-in-one products. While marketing automation tools do include email marketing features, products in G2 Crowd’s marketing automation category are excluded from the Email Marketing category, which houses tools that only address automation in the email channel.
To qualify for inclusion in the Marketing Automation category, a product must:
- Automate two or more of the following: email, social media, SMS, and digital ads
- Provide advanced email marketing capabilities including A/B testing, spam filter testing, scheduling, segmentation and detailed performance reporting
- Act as a central marketing database for marketing information and interactions
- Allow dynamic segmentation of marketing campaign targets
- Contact targets across multiple channels after specific actions, triggers or periods of time
- Perform lead management to include lead nurturing and lead scoring
- Generate forms and landing pages to collect prospect information
- Provide analytics and reports that track the entire lifecycle of a campaign including ties to revenue and/or campaign ROI